UPDATED APR21 – We’re back to having the option of in-person lessons again. Hopefully it will stay that way. You can still book a Zoom lesson if you prefer. See details below.
Face to face lesson guidelines
- Please use the hand sanitiser at the door on the way in.
- All adults who are able to (including myself) should wear masks when you are entering and exiting.
- Masks for students during the lesson are optional. I will match what you do.
- At least one window in the room will remain open for ventilation.
- We will sit at least 1.5m away from each other at all times.
- We won’t share books/paper at all. You will have a screen near you and the music will appear on there. I can make digital annotations etc, and send it to you via email.
- There is still the option of having a lesson over Zoom if you prefer.
- If you feel unwell or may have had exposure, you can cancel a lesson at any time without charge (though I’d still prefer 48 hour notice).
- All lessons to be paid for by bank transfer (no cash/cheques).
- All electric guitar students should bring their own cable, so that we don’t all touch the same one. The amp will already be on.
- Please tune your own guitar before arriving. I won’t be able to tune it for you.
- No singing from either of us.
- If the student is a child, and a parent/guardian would like to sit in the lesson, please contact me beforehand.
- Only use my bathroom if absolutely necessary.
- The student chair and door handles will be wiped clean every day.
I will be following the Musicians Union and government advice which you can find here: https://www.musiciansunion.org.uk/Home/Advice/covid-19/music-teaching#Facetoface
If you choose to have lessons online, you can download Zoom here: https://zoom.us/download
With Zoom, I am able to share sheet music with you via the ‘share screen’ mode and annotate and make notes on it and email you them afterwards. I can also play you music tracks to play along to (and hear it in sync at my end)!
If you are able, please use a computer/laptop rather than a tablet/phone. Also, it is necessary to change the audio settings on a computer (so that Zoom does not determine the sound of the guitar as background noise). I’ll send you full instructions, plus all the links to join the lesson when you book in.